Sunday, 17 January 2016

Wild Lavenders // Poetry


I want to breathe through you,
Not because I’m struggling for air
But because your candour fills my lungs
With fresh lavenders; the wild kind
That refuse to be tamed.
I begin to crave eternity
And your electric eyes fool me
Into believing that you can give it.

I want to breathe through you,
Not because I’m incomplete
But because my languid emotions
Dream of finally setting sail.
I begin to crave your hand guiding mine
As I decorate the sky with graffiti;
The colours bleeding, intensifying,
Weaving between yours.

We smile and we breathe, together,
But you leave and I stay with
Nothing but fleeting glimpses
Caught In rushing corridors.
I feel myself shying from those bright
Electric eyes that no longer fool me,
Yet the scent of fresh lavender lingers;
The wild, untameable kind.


It was strange, and almost disorientating, to only realise after the metaphoric ink had dried that this was written for him. This is a poem about human curiosity and understanding, but it’s also a poem for the stranger who made me feel careless and invincible, who showed me that I should never tame my wild lavenders.


{Photo source: here}

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! Such beautiful writing and such a beautiful inspiration behind it. x Rosy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rosy, so glad you liked it!!

      Nabeela x

      Delete
  2. This was beautifully written ^_^ Your writings really inspire me to be a better writer!

    Laila from Townhouse Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow thank you so much, that means the world to me!

      Nabeela :)

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful poem Nabeela! I can't wait for the day when I'll walk into a book shop and I'll be able to buy a book with your name on it! :) - Sylwia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Sylwia you always make me smile, thank you for such a sweet comment! <3

      Nabeela :) xx

      Delete
  4. You have a beautiful way of writing! You go girl ... keep putting those flowing words on to paper and sharing with the world. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a sweet comment, thank you so much Emma!!

      Nabeela xx

      Delete